20 August, 2010

The Songs: No Me Ames

While I was driving to work in the morning, I heard this song on the radio that really caught my attention. It's in Spanish I felt it to be really suitable to be sung during our wedding. Didn't really catch the title of the song all I heard was the repetition of No Me Ames. I jotted it down in my memory and googled it up as soon as I reach the office. So there it is: No Me Ames by Jennifer Lopez and Mark Anthony. No wonder I felt that the singers have an unusual chemistry in the duet. (They're actually married!!! I didn't know that earlier)

After watching the video on youtube, I found the original version more of an argument between the couple, not really suitable for a wedding song. Then I found the live version of the song where the music arrangement was more upbeat and the couple really enjoyed each others performance on stage, it's totally perfect.

Now this is definitely one of the songs I want to be hearing at my wedding. Knowing that me and Agnes have absolutely no singing talent (singing out of tune and making a fool of ourselves is not exactly our kind of dream wedding), we have to get the suitable singers with a little bit of chemistry between them to perform this song for us.

You can watch the videos here:


The Original Version




The Live Version

Having someone sing a Spanish song is definitely a plus.
No one understands the language and it's just plain classy :)

1 comment:

  1. wow vid....why didnt u announce your blog, i would be a faithful follower:) so where is my space, after all i am your best cousin!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...