22 August, 2010

Dancing

I love ballroom and Latin dancing so much. At first, my dad kept forcing me to learn it. At that time, i was like no way, it 's meant for the old ppl, euuww... But somehow, after years goes by, and after seeing some dancing movies, i started to have some interest in it haha

I then forced my brother to be my dancing partner and took private lessons with Mr Danny in Kelapa Gading. He is a very very professional dancer, it was very tough to learn dancing. But he managed to teach me Waltz after like bout 10 sessions. To be honest, it is quite boring at first, because you need to maintain your body straight and not move the upper body during the dance. For the first 3-5session, i feel like I was being punished by him, stand up for an hour just to make sure I'm not moving and keeping my body straight, even my hands are not allowed to move (LIKE A STATUE :()

Anyway, after about 10 sessions with him, i decided to quit and find another teacher. I love dancing, but i wasn't aiming to be a professional dancer, so i really hate it when all my basics have to be perfect, haha (in other words LAZY)..

My second, awesome teacher is Mr Tovic, haha...Even though he's not as good as Mr Danny, but i enjoy learning with him. I get to learn a lot from him, Salsa, Jive, Rhumba, Cha cha, Bachhata. The easiest of all is salsa, its the only one that you do not need to memorize steps, as the female follows the male's lead. Hence, for dancing the main key is from the guy. Sadly said, after learning all those Latin dance, i forgot how to get a proper posture for waltz. Waltz is for ballroom dancing and salsa is a Latin dance . As for Latin dancing, you are free to move, but for ballroom it is rigid, haha.. I love both, but i find myself more suited for Latin dancing:)

Anyway, i forced David to learn 1 dance for our wedding day. He chose to learn tango, which i, myself never learnt before. David always said that its very easy, ya ya..we will see how he do. I doubt it tat he can do it well, just hope that he won't make me fall down on the big day. Hope that we have that we have the courage to make it for our wedding day. Jia yo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...