06 November, 2010

The End of Mun2

I just recently said good bye to an 8 year relationship. Mun2 who has been with the family for around 8 years cannot escape the clutches of time and finally it is time to let her go.

Mun2, is a 2002 model Silver Coloured Suzuki Karimun. It was popular as a small economic car when it was just released and was initially used to drive my sis to work. I started using it since 2006 till Oct 2010 for work. Agnes gave Mun2 (pronounced Mun Mun) its nickname after being picked up by this small car when going for dates.
Mun2's face
Side Profile
Mun2's sexy backside
Thinking back I remembered most of my close friends and family had taken a ride in Mun2 before. Despite her small frame, she once managed to fit in 6 people.
Don't see her cute2 like that, there's also a few pretty girls that I picked up with this car. (Only a few lah, not many girls want to be seen alive in a car like this). Sometimes I test a girl whether she's materialistic or not by using this car on the 1st date, the back seat also a bit cramped so can squeeze2 a bit when got a chauffeur handling the driving.

I preferred driving Mun2 to work because her small size granted her high maneuvering capabilities, especially when I have to drive thru roads like these everyday, she's the best car of choice.

These are not even fit to be called roads:


Mun2 has been involved in plenty of accidents and injuries during this 8 years. The worst one is when I slammed her already flat face into the back of a truck, making it even flatter. She's been through at least 3 major body repairs, covered by insurance. Close ups of Mun2 can still see the most recent scratches, I admit not taking good care of Mun2 by bringing her to an Auto Salon :(

Close Up
People say scratches are the proof of age
Unfortunately Mun2 hasn't been performing very well recently, (A/c not cold already, radiator got problem, engine making weird noises, generator not functioning properly, got a whole ant colony somewhere under the car seats, not to mention spiders) and we decided to let her go. The Suzuki dealer was interested in taking her in as this old Karimun model is not in production anymore and there are still some demands among new/young drivers.

Whoever buys Mun2 will receive alot of my special memories as well as remains of my vomit in the whole package.
There was this one time in 2005 where I went clubbing with friends. Someone kept giving me vodka until I blacked out and can't remember anything. The next day I found myself sleeping on the toilet floor and my parents giving me the scolding of my life (quite similar to The Hangover movie experience). Tracing back what happened I realised that I got drunk and my friends had to carry me to the car, fortunately I had a chaffeur to drive me back only after he had to send my date and her sister back home 1st. Turns out that I started puking at her apartment carpark all the way till home. The driver had to clean up the mess at 3am in the morning (needless to say he stopped working after that).

Most of the vomit has been cleaned and the car is odour free, but there are some unremovable stains on the fabric above the passenger seat.

Those were vomit stains dating back from 2005
What's left of my dinner from that night
You'd wonder how that vomit could get onto the top of the passenger car when most of the time people puke at the seats or the leg space. I imagined throwing up in this position:

Aim. fire!!!
If we take the laws of gravity into account: everything that goes up, has to come down. Then I guess the whole scene wasn't pretty.

Not to mention the back seats, the were some pretty nasty stuff that went on in the back seats. There was this one time where me and a date drove to Ancol (by the beach in Jakarta), went to a quiet parking lot and had a good time there while no one was watching. We just wound down the windows a little and we didn't wash up after. Thinking back I wouldn't even so much as touch those seats. Oh btw we were eating durians in the backseat, don't anyhow make assumptions.

The backseats
I wouldn't touch those
Despite all her flaws, Mun2 did in fact manage to obtain a good price from the Suzuki dealer about 65% of her purchase price in 2002. Lets just hope the dealer don't read blogs, lol.

Anyway, this entry is a tribute to Mun2 who has been in the family for a good 8 years and not letting us down by breaking down, uh wait actually got a couple of times.
Please click on 'Like' below if you have been fortunate enought to have taken a ride in Mun2 before.

4 comments:

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...