05 October, 2010

The Story of the Sengkek (Slanted) Entus

Skipped gym on Sunday to indulge in a large Domino's Pizza (with extra Jalepenos) and spicy chicken wings, 
while watching Hannah Montana Forever on Disney Channel.
I imagine myself to be more of a slob after getting married.
................................................................................................................................................................................ 
Some people commented on the grey suit that I had for the photo shoot, especially Silvia.
No dear cousin, unfortunately it isn't borrowed. Having it made was a disaster. (Unless I want to achieve the look of a certain communist leader).


Agnes dragged me to this quite well-renowned tailor in Jakarta to have a suit made specifically for the photo shoot. I'd prefer to just select one from a boutique to see if it fits and just buy it straight if I really like it. But having somehow persuaded me that it will be cheaper to have it made and it will be more accustomed to my fit, I decide to go ahead with it. Agnes choose this specific tailor because according to her, they have a wider range of materials and their price is reasonable. Having selected the material and the colour, I browsed through the fashion magazines provided to choose a design to my liking.

Thinking that I'm going to have a suit custom made, I might as well select a more unique design, why make a suit that is commonly sold everywhere else. Caught my eye on this Purple Versace. It's double breasted but the buttons form a V in the centre. Woaaah Stylo...
The Versace Suit
Showed the design to the tailor (named Mr. Entus) and he drew out the sketch, took my measurements (bulging tummy and all). I specifically requested that the resulting suit be similar in design that the buttons form the V shape and that it is to be tight fit. No problem he says. A month later he shows me this:

Looks more like an old mans suit than a Versace design
Agnes who saw it first also want to cry ready :(
Buttons are not sewn on neatly and they don't form a V.
The suit should be tight around the torso area something like this ><
But its more like a Christmas tree / \
Agnes told the tailor to get it fixed before we pick it up again and requested the buttons to be black instead.

In a weeks time, it became like this:
The Final Outcome
To their credit, the buttons are more neatly sewn on, he changed it to black as well. It forms a V now, albeit a slanted one. You'd have to bend your neck a little to see the V and by rearranging the buttons, the bottom part of the suit became wider, become more like Christmas Tree / \
Trying it on, I figured no use getting the Entus to fix it anymore, can't be fixed already since the material has been cut to what it has become. Gave myself consolation that at least the material is good, and maybe it'll be more suitable for me when I'm middle aged, with a larger mid-section (hope not).

Despite its flaws, we used the suit in some of our scenes for the pre wed photo shoot, just not for the frontal shots. We gave the suit its name, the Sengkek (Slanted in Melayu) Entus. Every time when Agnes mention about making another suit, I just tell her no way, I'm not getting another Entus.

2 comments:

  1. dear cousin, sher6 October 2010 at 14:29

    hahahaha keep this till ur 60. u might need one for travelling during cold seasons! if it still fits u then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bismillah Hopefully given the health and sustenance abundant amen :)
    DISTRIBUTOR QNC JELLY GAMAT paling ampuh
    Obat Kista Herbal terbaik
    Pesan Jelly Gamat pasti sembuh
    Obat Mioma Alami paling ampuh

    ReplyDelete

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...