22 October, 2010

The Storm

Woah..the weather these few days in Jakarta is pretty terrible, its usually hot as hell in the morning then in the evening there's usually a heavy downpour.
When it rains in my work area, Parung (In Bogor), most of the time it is a storm. Just last week lightning struck the telephone line, the surge went through the phone line through the ADSL modem into the PC and surged the monitor. I was uploading a few pictures in my spare (work) time and then, boom accompanied with a flash of light and the LCD monitor was in smoke (really can smell the burn and see the smoke). T_T
I had to use a backup 15 inch CRT monitor while the LCD one is in repair. I didn't know how I survived with CRT monitors before but the round screen and the glare, is making me go blind! ahh my poor eyes!!

Just yesterday the storm felt like a real thunderstorm. I can understand thunderstorms happening in countries like Hong Kong or Taiwan, but in Jakarta, this is the first time I saw roof tops being blown away.
The wind huffed and puffed (like the big bad wolf) and blew off the roof tiles of my office T_T
And there I was singing 'Raindrops falling on my head"

There isn't much left of the worker's parking lot
The roof tile fell 5cm away from the car, thanks God, anything but the car
Water coming thru the ceiling, the ceiling was coming down as well
The office looked like the Titanic when it wrecked
I was in the office staring at the wind, you know when wind blows heavily it seems to take a shape, I was like cooool. While the workers were huddled together and praying for dear life, lol.

Will undergo repairs when the weather starts to get sunny, in the meantime while its still raining its buckets everywhere.

When I got home, surprise surprise my room which has just been renovated is spotting a leak as well. Double face palm! Indonesian construction workers never seem to get anything done right the first time, you have to make one complain, then they come and do the repairs, then the repairs still not right you make another complain threaten not to pay them then they can finally put their effort into making it right.
I'll have to make sure that there will be no more leaks before we get married. If not how to make babies when the bedroom is flooded with rain water T_T

3 comments:

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...