04 October, 2010

The Story of the Red Evening Gown

I've had an inspiration for my evening gown and did a sketch for it, however the drawing its just a rough sketch and I need a designer to finalize the design of the gown, hehe..
Sketch of the dress 
I've been checking with few designers such as Windy at Fatmawati, Billy Tjong at Sawah Besar, Jeanny Ang at Taman Anggrek, and finally decided to make it with Harry Ibrahim at Senopati. I like his designs and his price is quite reasonable. He has his own unique style in his designs coupling the use of beads and laces to complete the touch of elegance of the dresses.

The evening gown is to be red in colour, as the decoration for our wedding will comprise mainly of red, gold and black. I requested that the dress includes a long tail, which will make it look great for the photo shoots. It took a whole month for the red gown to be ready.

After two weeks, I went to the designer for a first try out. I was disappointed as it didn't really meet my expectations. He put on a lot of silver beads and I didn't really like the silver colour.

First look of the dress
I went to the designer to try it again for the final try out when the dress is finally ready after a month. Surprisingly it looks fine, he added some crystals so to complement the silver beads. And I totally love the long tail :) David loves the dress as well.
Final look of the dress
From the side
The front

The red dress looks beautiful in the photos. Can't wait for Ian to be done editing our pre wedding photos and release it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...