07 April, 2011

The Sleeping Arrangements

I was looking through the photos again when I finally took note of what was written in one of pictures.


Says there:
'I will love you
always and forever
even when
I'm sleeping'

Oh no, that is so not true, I lol'ed after reading that. It's like a war zone when we can't get to fall asleep or get woken up by each other.
After getting married and having to sleep on the same bed, it takes a while to get used to each other's sleeping behaviour. Even after 2 months we still always argue when going to sleep (don't get the wrong idea of what we're arguing about here).
The following are the differences in our sleeping behaviour:

1. The Air Conditioning
Before marriage
Dave: Sleeps without air conditioning during cool, rainy days with the windows opened. On hot days, set the air con temperature to 25 degrees celcius. I know some of you would think, why even bother turning on the air con. For me I feel 25 degrees room temperature is cool enough without the use of blankets, save on electricity bills too. Anything under 20 degrees will cause the skin to feel dry and usually will wake up with chapped lips the next morning, also a waste of skin moisturiser.
Nez: Sleeps with the air conditioning on at full fan speed at 16 degrees the whole time. She covers herself with blanket when its cold, I still don't see the point of using the air con and the blanket at the same time. Its like you want the air con to keep you cool but use the blanket so that you feel warm. That's like a contradictory.

After marriage
We reached an agreement on setting the air con temperature to 21 degrees, the mid point of 25 and 16. Even after this arrangement, Agnes would always cheat by lowering the temp to 16 degrees when I've fallen asleep, or when I wake up freezing in the middle of the night I would set the temp to 25 degrees. Then she will be sweating and start to complaint. So we also agreed on placing the air con remote in between us and not touching the remote anymore after we go to sleep.

2. Toilet trips
Before marriage:
Nez: Can go to the toilet 5-6 times in the night

After marriage:
Whoever wakes up to go to the toilet and wake up the other person sure kena scold. She usually pee 3-4 times before going to bed 1st.

3. Insomnia
Before marriage:
Nez: She keeps on complaining of diffulty getting to sleep, she even have sleeping pills on hand to force her to sleep if it gets really bad. I told her before the cause of it is because she sleeps too much during the day.

After marriage:
She still have difficulty sleeping, always complaint she didn't get enough sleep when she wakes up in the morning. But I knew she slept more than enough because she was snoring through the night. After getting married no more evening naps for her.

4. Moving about in bed
Nez: When she can't sleep, she will toss herself left and right. I scolded her the first time I knew she did this. If you can't sleep then stay still and try to sleep, you keep moving how to sleep, then make me also cannot sleep, what is wrong with you! Stop Moving!!!
Then she will say, if I cannot sleep I have to move around, if you force me not to move the more I cannot sleep -_-

You see until now we still cannot tahan sleeping next to each other. We got a King Size Bed, Agnes initially wanted a Super King Size but I just felt it's a waste of space in the room, like she very big like that.

Watching the comedy 'How I met Your Mother', recently married couples Lily and Marshall were also going through the same thing in the episode, Twin Beds. Lily is played by Alyson Hannigan, I recognised her as the band girl from American Pie. The couple decide to sleep on separate beds so they can have their own personal space but as much as they enjoy sleeping alone, in the end they fear that sleeping apart could ruin their marriage.


Although we want to be together as much as possible, we usually have 1 or 2 nights where we sleep separate and that's the time when we both can finally get a good nights rest and get our beauty sleep.

3 comments:

Please comment if you have any ideas to share

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...